Please contact our office and we will be pleased to answer any questions you may have about sharing your wedding vows at Carleton Memorial United Church.
CMUC Marriage Policy Approved by CMUC Council March 2018
Carleton Memorial United Church (CMUC) offers a welcoming and inclusive Christian environment for couples who seek to celebrate their new lives together, in loving partnership with each other and God. Our CMUC community affirms that:
• love and marriage are gifts of God, deserving of God’s blessing;
• a union based on Christian marriage is intended to represent a lifelong commitment;
• all individuals are accepted as persons made in the image of God regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity;
• it is our responsibility to support couples of all gender combinations entering into covenant relationship with one another not only as they prepare for the celebration of their wedding but also for married life;
• weddings at CMUC are celebrations of Christian worship.